In my quest to find ways of adding medicinal herbs into food, I give you my latest experiment: fudge topped with green tea salt.
Surprising Flavor Combination
The flavor combination of sweet and salty is very popular, and it’s no wonder why. Seemingly contrasting flavors have an interesting way of tantalizing the taste buds. Add in the slightly bitter and aromatic qualities of matcha or green tea powder and you really have something unique. Additionally, chocolate has high levels of antioxidants, as does green tea, so you’re getting some good medicine while satisfying that sweet tooth.
Try the green tea salt mixture on top of steamed fish or vegetables as well.
I’ve had this recipe for fudge for a long time, and it’s super simple.
- One package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- One can of sweetened condensed milk
- One tsp. vanilla extract
For green tea salt:
- 1 Tbs. matcha, green tea powder
- 2 Tbs. sea salt
Greet tea salt:
- Mix matcha powder and salt together in a mortar or spice grinder
- Melt condensed milk and chocolate chips together
- Mix in vanilla extract
- Place in a foil-lined 8”x8” baking tray
- Top fudge with matcha salt mixture
- Refrigerate over night
Jorga Houy, L.Ac.